I always love cooking, but there is nothing like being by the grill once the nice weather hits. Everything goes on the grill at our house, beef, chicken, pork, fish, shrimp, vegetables, fruit, pizza... I am willing to try just about anything!
One of my favorites is grilled pork tacos with pineapple slaw. Combining thin slices of marinated pork and a pineapple coleslaw makes the perfect taco for a quick summer dinner.
At Macaroni KID, we skip the fluff and get straight to the good stuff. No need to scroll through pages of unnecessary content — our recipes are easy to find. Now let's get cooking!
Grilled Pork Tacos & Pineapple Slaw
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 pounds thin cut, boneless pork chops
- 14-16 oz package coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Soft taco shells
- Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon oil, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl; add pork and toss to coat. Let marinate 15 minutes (or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours).
- Combine coleslaw mix, pineapple, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl. Mix until evenly coated and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place pork chops on grill and cook pork, turning once, until just cooked through, about 6 - 8 minutes. Once cooked through, remove from grill and let rest for a few minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Take a soft taco shell, top with pineapple coleslaw mixture and a few slices of pork and enjoy!
This recipe first appeared in Macaroni KID EATS!.